Specialty Furnace Products
Binder Removal Furnaces – Quality Delube Processor (QDP)
Abbott Furnace offers quality binder removal furnaces for the sintered metal industry. Thorough binder removal is essential to ensure the most productive and consistent sintering results. The Abbott Quality Delube Processor (QDP) binder removal furnace is designed to remove lubricants present in powdered metal compacts.
The use of custom designed reaction/combustion chambers and a regulated atmosphere control, combined with our under-hearth heating system, assures that the binder removal process is completed efficiently and effectively. The custom designed binder removal furnace may be included in the design of a new furnace or may be added as a retro-fit to an existing furnace.
Binder Removal Furnace Features:
- Uniform heating and improved heat control.
Continuously Fired Burners
- Keeps heat constant.
Primary Gas Reaction/Retention Chamber
- Exothermic atmosphere creation sector.
Secondary Gas Reaction/Retention Chamber
- Lubricant removal area and a reaction center.
VARICOOL Cooling System
Enhanced cooling is recognized as a method of improving metallurgical properties without subsequent heat treating processes. Abbott’s VARICOOL cooling system combines radiant and convection cooling to accelerate the cooling capabilities of a continuous belt furnace, and is available on new furnace designs or as a retro-fit on an existing furnace.
Water Jacketed Chamber
- Allows the convection cooling to be shut completely off.
Multiple Re-circulating Injection Ports
- Uniform cooling throughout the VARICOOL chamber.
Water Cooled Heat Exchanger
- Assists in cooling re-circulated atmosphere and increases cooling efficiency.
Adjustable Piping System
- Control of the atmosphere re-circulation and optimizes cooling profile.
Nitrogen Bubbler – Nitrogen Moisturizing Systems
Abbott Furnace Company’s solution for enhanced delubing is our Nitrogen Bubbler – Nitrogen Moisturizing System, also known in the industry as a Nitrogen Bubbler. This option incorporates the following features to ensure the desired wet Nitrogen conditions:
Nitrogen Bubbler Features:
Heated Water Chamber
- Element preheats the water before introduction of Nitrogen.
Automatic Water Controls
- Level sensors and solenoid maintain proper water level.
Automatic Nitrogen controls
- Separate flow scopes control ratio of dry versus wet Nitrogen.
INDUSTRIAL FURNACE PRODUCTS
Rotary Table Parts Accumulator
Abbott’s rotary table parts accumulator is a heavy-duty solution to your needs for affordable, dependable, materials handling equipment for use in a tough industrial environment. The rotary table parts accumulator is available in two sizes to meet both budgetary and production requirements.
Rotary Table Parts Accumulator Features:
AB-RTPA-36 Base Model
- Consists of a 36 inch carbon steel rotary table, AC single speed motor and mounted on casters for easy mobility.
AB-RTPA-48 Base Model
- Consists of a 48 inch carbon steel rotary table, AC single speed motor and mounted on casters for easy mobility.
- DC Variable speed motor.
- Stainless steel table top.
- Adjustable height table top
Vacuum Oil Impregnator with Spin & Oil Heating Systems
Abbott furnace offers a full featured 24-inch vacuum oil impregnator with an integrated spin and oil heating system. This oil impregnation system is an efficient and essential tool for producing self-lubricating powder metal parts.
Vacuum Oil Impregnator Features:
Oil Impregnation Vessel
- Spring assisted domed lid with swing bolts.
- Maximum pressure 100 PSI.
- Maximum vacuum 29” Hg.
- 24” OD x 30” H.
- Dual lifting brackets.
- 7.6 cubic feet of capacity.
- 15 Hp hydraulic power unit.
- Minimum rotational speed – 400 RPM.
- Dual support of spin shaft.
- 1 1/2 HP.
- Maximum vacuum – 29”Hg.
- Cycle time 5 to 8 minutes, depending on load.
- 110 gallon storage capacity.
- 4.5 KW immersion heater.
- Maximum temperature – 250ºF.
- Allen Bradley PLC.
- 36” x 80”.